Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Mokopuna merino!!

I was delighted to meet another member of the phil&teds family recently through a lovely, lovely box from Mokopuna merino! The wonderful Nicola from p&t let us preview some of the amazing wool products and we were blown away!
Here is some Mokopuna info from their company info:
Born in the pristine mountain wilderness of New Zealand’s
majestic Southern Alps, 100% pure mokopuna merino™
creates the softest and finest clothing range for newborns to 4 year olds (and beyond as they have added sizes for kids up to 14 years).

The mokopuna range consists of newborn essentials, sleepwear and easy mix & match styles in a unique colour palette including unisex and distinctive stripes.

The kids love them and I would like some adult sizes! (Seems there may be a maternity line coming soon!) Seriously, I would LOVE to add the cardigan and the wrap tunic dress to my own wardrobe right now! Easy care too for 100% wool. Machine wash, and they wash very well and look like new.
The kids got darling matching red hats and coordinated hoodies. They are so soft, light, warm but breathable. The colors are vivid and very pretty, and the sizing fits my tall kids well.
I cannot wait to see more of the colors they have to offer, some of the greens, cocoa, and glacier look especially lovely to me. I love looking at the online shop and planning future orders. They have some footed pants for babies that I am excited about for our baby #3's winter wear.

Colin, who can be picky about his clothes, has chosen this hoodie as one of his new favorite shirts. I asked him why he likes it so much and he told me, "because it is made of silk!" (I do not think Colin knows what silk is, but he knows it is soft. That is a pretty great testimonial of the softness of this wool from a 5 year old.) I really love how thin but warm it is for layering. I grew up mostly in the extreme cold of the Northern USA so I can appreciate good layering pieces. And as a Mom I appreciate having something light and thin to keep in my diaper bag to keep my kids warm in changing winter weather.
I can very much see these garments lasting well for several children! The styling is so classic it will not go out of style.
Thanks for such amazing products phil&teds and Mokopuna! Definitely a must for cold weather kids, but they also have a summer line which offers great sun protection. Another fun thing, the clothing arrived in very cute little gift boxes. I just wish I had a local retailer to see everything first-hand!

No comments:

Post a Comment